OvuGel Swine – OvuGel® is a GnRH agonist given to sows intravaginally. OvuGel® stimulates the release of LH, inducing ovulation 40-48 hours post-treatment. It facilitates single dose fixed-time insemination without estrus detection in weaned sows, resulting in normal fertility. 26 doses per bottle. Priced each.
- No estrus detection is required to determine insemination time.
- The OvuGel® program potentially allows producers to utilize labor more efficiently.
- Pigs per semen dose are increased, leveraging high value genetics.
- The OvuGel® treatment is needle-free using a vaginally dosed gel delivery system.
- It is important to use only high quality semen with adequate motile sperm in each dose. Proper storage and handling of fresh semen should be maintained.
OvuGel Swine – OvuGel® is a registered trademark and product of United Animal Health.
- OvuGel® Instructions For Use
- OvuGel® Product Label
- OvuGel® Safety Data Sheet
- Video: OvuGel® Timing and Administration – Video by United Animal Health